PUBLIC Weekly Newsletter
news, offers, essays, and more
CUSTOMERS ALSO LIKE
4.9 AVERAGE RATING
My bike makes me happy
By Nina P. in Garden Grove, CA on 02/08/15
What makes me happy? My bike makes me happy!
I feel like a 12 year old girl all over again! :D As a little kid, I was very spoiled with many bikes. Those bikes were hand-me-down, garage sale, or from swap-meets. Now that I'm a grown-up, I need a cool grown-up bike. At first I was going to settle for a typical beach cruiser at Walmart that's $150. After an extensive research online, Google guided me to Public Bikes. I got the Public C1 Dutch bike. It looks like a beach cruiser but it is a city bike. The bike originally cost $450, but there is a sale right now and I got it for $300 which is reasonable imo.
What I really like about this brand is that you can choose the size of your bike. They have small-medium (4'8"-5'5"), medium-large (5'6"-5'10") the size varies on the types of bikes. I am 4'11" so I went with the small. The small is still big for me. I even set the seating to the lowest position and I am still on my tip-toes when just chillin' on my bike. I also like how you can choose the frame style: step-thru, mixte, or diamond. I went with the step-thru because since I'm a newbie, it's easy on, easy to hop off. Of course you get to pick your color too. The design of these bikes are modern, timeless, and cool.
Public has fun accessories and add-ons to pimp out your ride. I got a bell, basket, and rack to really bling out my bike! I love it! A bike is not complete without these 3 essentials. And if you don't love your bike?? You can always return it! I was skeptical about buying a bike that I did not test-ride. Especially when it's a bit pricey and far away. I called in and spoke to Justin, he answered many of my annoying questions and was very helpful about everything.
- I use my bike for leisure ride around my neighborhood.
- Sign up with your email and buy gears for 10% off
- Promo code can be found on their website. I got an extra $50 off with online promo code.
- Their dealer in SoCal is 'The Unlikely Cyclist' in Costa Mesa.
- I don't think the bikes are worth full price so wait for a sale then buy a bike.
- $135 for ready to ride shipping method meaning it comes 99% assembled.
- Signature required for delivery.
- If you buy a rack, bell, or whatever add-ons they'll assemble it onto your bike for free!
- This bike is so light that I was able to lift it out of the box all by myself!
- Very easy to assemble!
- My bottom is a bit too big for the seat so it's kind of uncomfortable or maybe I'm just not used to it...
I feel like I'm 12 years old again
By Nikki D. in Bay Area on 09/17/14
This bike is great! The single speed is fine for trips around town and leisurely rides by my house. The bike is very comfortable to ride, with its upright position, and it is very maneuverable. The bike is pretty light as well, which makes it easy to carry up and down stairs if need be. I've had this bike for a little more than 1 month, and rides beautifully. Bottom line, when I ride it I feel like I'm 12 years old again-riding is fun again!
PUBLIC C1 - New Spring Colors